There is nothing better than that feeling you get when you know you have some time all to yourself. When you can grab yourself your favourite drink, and maybe even a delicious treat to go with it, and settle into your happy place with a good book. All your worries, stresses, and the housework, just disappear... for a little while anyway.
Here are 5 books I've enjoyed reading - all by female Australian authors, and all available as ebooks at the local library.
1. Tuesday Evenings with the Copeton Craft Resistance by Kate Solly.
A feel-good story of friendship, crocheting, and a little romance, that addresses racism and Islamophobia.
2. The Dictionary of Lost Words by Pip Williams
3. The Bookbinder of Jericho by Pip Williams
4. Homecoming by Kate Morton
5. The Benevolent Society of Ill-Mannered Ladies by Alison Goodman
This is the first in a series and I can't wait for the next book! Set in Regency London, twin sisters Gus and Julia, considered old maids at 42, begin a secret life rescuing women in need.
If you need more ideas to take time out for yourself grab a deck of our Memory Makers Self-Care Edition - it has 52 different ideas just for you.